Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Animals are like, totally awesome, man.

Today, I'd like to declare my love for BBC.

I've been renting these nature shows from Netflix. The last one I watched was "Nature's Most Amazing Events: Disk 1." And wow. Really interesting stuff goin' on in nature.

I find it quite inspiring, really. Go ahead, make fun of me. But I'm telling you, people, animals do some amazing things that make us humans look like total sissies. Take polar bears, for example. They go four months without food, and still manage to survive in some of the world's harshest conditions. And there are numerous species of birds who travel 600 miles when they migrate. They just fly, fly, fly.

So these are things I was thinking about this morning, on my 12 mile run. I was thinking about how hungry I was because I hadn't eaten since dinner last night, and I just had a piece of bread for breakfast. But that's only like 10 hours without food. If I were a polar bear, I'd be so screwed! Also, I only had to travel 12 miles, and for fun, not even for survival. So if I were a bird, I'd also be completely effed.

I'm striving to take a hint from Motha' Nature and just toughen up. I don't have to hunt for my dinner every week. Swimming in ice cold water is not a part of my daily commute. I never have to hold my breath for 15 minutes while I search for the nearest hole in a massive ice chunk that is considered a continent. And pulling up a body full of blubber (I'm lookin' at you, walruses) onto that ice chunk to soak up some sun is not a typical activity in which I partake. And I almost never have to flap my wings for four months straight just to get a little warm weather.


(Not Me)

So running every once in awhile really ain't no thang.

All I'm trying to say is, good thing I'm a human 'cause it'd be real rough to be a wild animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment